Tuesday, June 28, 2011

And We're Walking...

Ok!!! So... I know this blog is well overdue. For that, I do apologize. I would love to tell you I have been way to busy to blog, but it's more like I have been way too lazy to blog.

Just to play catch up, Brycen is a little over 16 months! He weighs about 24 lbs and he loves strawberries and watermelon!! He currently has 13 teeth, and just this morning he has 3 more coming in!!!

But most exciting.....

Brycen has finally decided that he might actually want to walk! He is walking!!!!!! But let me explain something, it is when Brycen wants too. If he sees something he wants, he will walk! If I want him to walk, sometimes he will, sometimes he will not!!! He is so stubborn it is scary. I know he is not lazy, because we moves around like crazy, he is just laid back...

Since it's been so long since I have done a blog, a lot of people might not know that I was laid off April 1st. I am actively looking for a job, but I am not going to lie, I LOVE THIS TIME WITH B!!! I have been so blessed to actually watch him first hand learn to walk and talk! He talks all the time! His favorite word is Ball! He loves balls! Baseballs, footballs, tennis balls, you name it he loves it!  He has learn to say "more" for more food or drink! Just today, he said all done when he finished his breakfast!! He is really started to pick up on words! He is constantly learning new words!! It's so cute to hear him talk! He already has a bit of a hick accent (that comes from Brad) lol!

Speaking of talking, Brycen and Carter both love to talk to each other! Since we have had a few play dates with Carter, I notice them talking more and more to each other.  Audrah and I can't help but laugh when we see them playing!!! They play so well together! They even share their toys and sometimes they even try to share their sippy cups... lol!!

Last week Brad went on a mission scouting trip to Alabama with a few guys from C3 (our church: c3rowlett.com). While he was gone, B would go up to our family photo, point to Brad, and say "Daddy"! It melted my heart!!! He even took my phone and would hold it up to his ear and say "Daddy"!  And when Brad came home, B just kept saying "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy"! It's so sweet to know he really knows who we are and even misses us when we are gone!!

Everyday, I thank God that for chosing Brad and I to be Brycen's parents. It has been such an awesome adventure so far, and I would not change it for the world! He is the joy of our little family!!

That being said, thank you for reading our blog! I promise to write more often!! And if it ever cools off, I will even take B for some new photos :) But this 100 degree temp, does not work well with us!

1 comment:

  1. Wow I can not believe he is walking! Channing has just figured out how to crawl so he is slowly moving around the house!!

    ReplyDelete