Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Big 1!

Since today is Brycen's first birthday, I decided I better sit down and write our first blog!
At exactly 5:20 p.m. Brycen will be 1! Brad and I are not ready for this! It seems like just a few months ago we were at the hospital waiting for his arrival! While this first year might not have been the easiest, it has certainly brought the most joy to us! Brycen FINALLY started crawling on saturday! I will upload a photo if I can figure out how to prove it! Brad and I were so excited!! I am sure we scaried Brycen! He crawled all the way from his room to our room with a little motivation! Now he is into everything. Today, I went to turn a light off and when I came back into the living room, he was in the bookshelf trying to get the picture frame! I guess it is time to move the breakables! I can finally relate to my mommy friends who are having to rearrange furniture and chase their children!
Tonight we are planning on taking Brycen to dinner somewhere! I will upload those pictures later! I will let him have some sort of dessert to celebrate the special occasion! But not too much because we are having his party saturday! I can not wait for his birthday party! I am trying to make sure I am not going overboard but at the same time I want to make sure I have everything! I have ordered the cupcakes and Brycen's smash cake! The goodie bags are ready to go! Now there is just a few things I still need to get!

While this might shock some people, the theme of his party is going to be Texas Rangers Baseball! I am hoping that Nolan Ryan or Josh Hamilton will stop by! (HAHA) All three of us will be sporting new Texas Rangers shirts/ jerseys on Saturday! I am always looking for a good reason to buy new Texas Rangers shirts!

This picture is from the day after the Rangers beat the Yankees!
We love the Rangers!!

Here is Brycen's first ever picture!

And here is a picture from his latest photo shoot!

Isn't he just precious? We think so! I can't believe my baby boy is one today! He has been so much fun this first year and Brad & I both know it only gets better from here (until terrible twos, and trying threes, and those awful teenage years)! We are praying that since he has been such a good kid so far maybe those years will not be so bad...but then again his dad is Bradley Malone... need I say more?? Probably not!
Anyways! I am done with this first blog! Hope you like it, if not keep it to yourself :)

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I can't wait to see you Saturday!! Hopefully I will be pulling up in a new car! At least that's the plan. We have an appt at 8:30am Saturday morning! We will probably head over after that to help ya get everything together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, I can not believe little guy is 1! I am so not ready for Channing to be getting bigger! Can't wait to see you guys on Saturyda!

    ReplyDelete